Willkie attorneys with practices focusing on asset management and sanctions provide an overview of key US sanctions issues for asset managers of all types. This hour-long webinar addresses sanctions basics including recent sanctions on Russia and Venezuela-related investments, appropriate screening and due diligence, and lessons learned for dealing with investors and investments with some nexus to a sanctioned jurisdiction or business. Download the materials here.
Webinar Topics [1:01]
- Implementation and Enforcement of US Sanctions
- Application of US Sanctions
- Comprehensive Sanctions
- Targets Sanctions
- Russia and Venezuela “Sectoral” Sanctions
- Secondary Sanctions
- US State Department Divestment Sanctions
- 50% Rule
- Dealing with New Investments and Potential Investors
Speakers: Benjamin Haskin and David Mortlock
For CLE credit in California, New York, or Texas, complete this form and submit it here. For CLE credit in any other state, contact us.