This hour and twenty-seven minute webinar examines enforcement trends under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act as reflected in recent cases and settlements, along with developments in DOJ and SEC policy and guidance.
Download the presentation materials here.
Webinar Topics [1:27:44]
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: Overview (6 minutes)
Anti-bribery Provisions: Exceptions and Defenses
- Other Anti-corruption Laws (3 minutes)
- Growth of FCPA Enforcement (6 minutes)
- FCPA Cases in 2019 (19 minutes)
- Penalties (6 minutes)
- Internal Controls (6 minutes)
- Mergers and Acquisitions – Risks (3 minutes)
- Recent Developments in Enforcement Policy (18 minutes)
- Whistleblowers (4 minutes)
- Coordination with Foreign Counterparts (8 minutes)
- Privilege Risks Related to Cooperating with Enforcement Authorities (9 minutes)
Speakers: Robert J. Meyer and Jeffrey D. Clark