An arrangement can include almost anything that helps facilitate another person in committing a money laundering offense. For example, assisting someone to set up a bank account to deposit criminal property qualifies as an arrangement.
More topics in this series
- Anti-Money Laundering Overview
- Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA) Overview
- Statutes and Official Guidance
- Money Laundering Regulations 2017 Overview
- Statute of Limitations
- Who is Subject to POCA?
- The Regulated Sector
- Element: Criminal Property
- Element: Knowledge or Suspicion
- Defense: Consent
- Defense: Reasonable Excuse
- Defense: “Adequate Consideration”
- Limited Defense: Criminal Conduct Overseas